Head Office Based
Salary up to £31,000 per annum based on experience plus great benefits
Full Time (5 days per week- 9.00am-5.30pm)
An exceptional opportunity to join a leading luxury homewares multi-retailer in the position of Junior Homewares Buyer.
This company is rich in history and is looking for a motivated, driven and really enthusiastic individual to join the Buying team. There are excellent opportunities to develop and grow with the company for the right candidate.
My client is looking for a Junior Buyer to join their fast-paced team. You will be highly numerical and analytical and enjoy working in a hands-on growing team to deliver all aspects of branded buying and strategy for the businesses and buying for two D2C platforms. Reporting to the Buyer, you will also oversee the more junior members of the team. My client is extremely proud of their close-knit, family orientated and fun culture, and this is an exciting opportunity for a bright and ambitious individual wishing to continue to build a career in Buying and take full advantage of the learning opportunities on offer as part of this role.
- Source and present new brands to the Buyer
- Explore the growth potential of key core brands
- Produce product ranges to margin expectations
- Deliver cost price negotiations and cost-effective supply solutions
- Pro-actively identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Collaborate across departments to provide solutions that benefit the business
- Work across a wide brand and supply base and to focus on the priorities
- Negotiate commercially viable relationships under current company terms
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Hold regular supplier performance reviews, and contribute to future supplier strategies
- Liaise with supplier to drive brand training
Range Building and Planning:
- Deliver brand product ranges to margin expectations and sales targets
- Evaluate showroom data together with future trends to develop a department strategy
- Report monthly on progress against strategy
- Present range reviews to Buyer with clear action points, driving departmental growth
- Continually monitor market activity, including regular Competitive Shops
- Taking appropriate commercial action based on analysis of data
- Own the Buying critical path for delivery of new brands and seasonal newness
- Pro-actively explore new subcategory and product opportunities, potentializing best sellers
- Build knowledge of in-house reporting to understand best/worst performers
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role within a fast-paced Homewares, Branded Buying, Retail/ E-Commerce environment is essential
- An analytical mind with advanced numerical capability (using data to inform decision making)
- Experience of managing a wide and diverse supply base
- A passion for homewares and good eye for design and trends
- Highly commercial and logical with the ability to work targets
- Advanced use of reporting and analysis tools e.g., MS Excel and Power BI
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 23 days paid holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays) - entitlement will increase every year after 2 years of service.
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Discount Scheme (over 450 Brands)
- Discounted Private Healthcare
- Family vibe & regular social
If you feel you have the experience required, please apply today.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.