Well established, Non-Profitable Organisation
Salary up to £37,000-£38,000 per annum (negotiable according to qualifications and experience) plus benefits
Full Time- 35 hours per week
Are you an experienced HR Manager looking for an exciting new challenge?
Would you relish the opportunity to support a charity in shaping the future of the HR function?
My client is a leading non-profitable organisation, they are currently recruiting for a new HR Manager who is driven, dynamic, passionate about working for a charity along with being resilient, pragmatic and extremely organised.
Reporting to the Chief Executive you will be instrumental in shaping the future of this charity and its HR policies and procedures.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the HR function and the management of allocated resources, including staff.
- Providing employment law advice on a variety of matters, including disciplinary, capability, grievance, absence management, recruitment and selection, redundancy and TUPE.
- To support People Planning, Resourcing and Restructuring - With an understanding of forthcoming people related changes, activities and emerging issues affecting the organisation.
- To support Employee Relations and Engagement activities by working closely with line managers to support them to achieve business objectives through their people. To attend Senior Management and Core team meetings and provide an effective HR service.
- Absence Management - Identify levels of absence within areas of responsibility and compare with the company and external benchmarks advising managers on methods that will secure improvements in attendance while balancing the needs of employees.
- Undertake specific HR related projects as delegated by Chief Executive meeting deadlines and quality and budget requirements.
- Ensure that HR policies and procedures are compliant with the law and aligned with the business strategy.
- Look for ways to continuously improve HR practices and procedures and ensure that they are supportive of other company policies, procedures and practice.
- Advise line managers on recruitment and selection strategies and coordinating the appointment process for successful applicants and ensuring that UKVI eligibility checks are conducted.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of employment with staff.
- Coordinate any restructures or redundancy processes.
- An excellent understanding of HR and its role within a diverse and geographically spread organisation
- The development of HR policies and procedures
- The application of TUPE
- CIPD qualified CIPDM Level 5 or above or equivalent.
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to influence others
- Good advisory skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise work effectively
- Ability to work under pressure
- A general understanding of health and safety and related activities, for example, risk assessments.
- Flexible working hours negotiable
- Hybrid working options; office base provided
- Membership of our Employee Wellbeing programme
- Coaching, training and development opportunities
- Family friendly employer
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join a leading charity. You will have the opportunity to be instrumental and influential in helping the charity to bring transformation and hope to the lives of people in the community - children, teenagers, those needing secure and supportive accommodation, prisoners, families and those struggling to get into employment.
Integrity, honesty, justice, inclusion, perseverance, kindness, compassion and reflection underpin the charities approach in all that they do. If you want to change the world - or a bit of it, anyway - this is your chance!
If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please apply directly to this advert with an up-to-date CV.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.