Horticulture / Plant Area Manager
Location: Winnersh, Reading
Hours: 40 hours per week
Our client is looking for a Plant Manager to join our forward-thinking team. Previous experience as a Plant Manager within the industry is preferred, however, applicants with a proven retail management background with a knowledge of plants will be considered.
Working in the plant area is a high-volume environment with a fast turnaround. The successful candidate should be physically fit as this is a very hands-on role. A good knowledge of plants is essential to the role as is good customer service and a high standard of visual merchandising.
The successful candidate will preferably possess either a horticultural qualification, will be in training or had practical horticultural experience.
Plant Area Manager - Duties:
* Actively working in the daily horticultural tasks of the Centre.
* Assisting the Centre Manager to maximise sales and profit by ensuring the efficient and effective management to Company standards, of the commerciality, merchandising, replenishment and housekeeping across the Garden Centre.
* Establish and maintain high horticultural and retail standards.
* Manage and support overall plant health within the Centre.
* Lead and motivate the staff in their team.
* Manage stock control of the department.
* Support Centre Manager in daily H&S tasks and paperwork, ensuring Health & Safety standards are always adhered to and maintained.
* Generate ideas and assist in the development of even better methods of working within the department.
* Help to achieve a high standard of customer service.
* Assist with complaints and queries from staff and customers.
* Assist where needed with the recruitment, training, development, and individual performance of staff within the Centre to a high standard.
* Carry out additional duties as and when required such as managing store and to attend events in the absence of the Centre Manger.
* Assist when needed to plan and manage key events such as Christmas, Bank Holidays and Season Centre change effectively and efficiently.
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits include a pension, up to 28 days holiday (FT) and staff discounts across all of our brands including the Woodthorpe Leisure Park. If you would like to join our family run business and bring your ideas and talents to our fast-growing company and forward thinking team we want to hear from you.
To apply for this great opportunity, please apply with your CV. We look forward to receiving your application!
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.