Homewares Buyer (12 Month FTC)
Head Office Based
Salary up to £45,000 per annum based on experience plus great benefits
Full Time (5 days per week- 9.00am-5.30pm)
An exceptional opportunity to join a leading luxury homewares multi-retailer in the position of Homewares Buyer.
This company is rich in history and is looking for a motivated, driven and really enthusiastic individual to join the Buying team.
There are excellent opportunities to develop and grow with the company for the right candidate.
My client is looking for an established commercial, analytical, strategic, and experienced Homewares Buyer, with a proven background in Homewares Buying. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with sales growth in past roles with experience of managing a wide supply base and a broad number of SKU's. You will manage a growing buying team (currently 4-5 people) to deliver all aspects of own brand sourcing and product development, branded buying, strategy across the businesses and the two D2C platforms.
My client is extremely proud of the close-knit, family orientated and fun culture they have, and this is an exciting opportunity for a hardworking, and conscientious individual to be part of the amazing family for an initial 12-month period with the view of extension. This role will be reporting to the Buying Director and managing a team.
- Adopt appropriate negotiation strategies to attain the best terms for the category and the business
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Hold quarterly strategic supplier meetings to identify growth opportunities
Range Building and Planning:
- Develop and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions, pricing and stock
- Monitor market activity taking appropriate commercial action where necessary
- Own Buying critical path for delivery of new brands and seasonal newness
- Develop in depth knowledge of in-house reporting systems to analyse product performance data
- Champion, develop and deliver Own Brand products/ranges in line with strategy and margin plans
- Attend UK and European trade shows with Buying Director
- Explore and maximise the growth potential of key core brands
- Renegotiate intake margins and rebate agreements with our core supply base
- Identify and implement new commercial sale driving product opportunities
- Deliver cost effective supply solutions
- Pro-actively identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Work closely with E Commerce & Sales teams to drive turnover growth
- Work across departments to tackle problem suppliers and assist with commercial solutions
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' Homewares Buying experience
- Experience of own brand product development sourcing direct from factories and suppliers
- Experience of managing a wide and diverse supply base with a high volume of products
- Commercial experience of proven margin management and improvements
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills with great stakeholder management skills
- Decisive and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Practice excellent time management skills and ability to cope under pressure.
- Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrates an openness to new ways of thinking and proactively pursues improvements with a high level of drive and enthusiasm
- Display delegation skills, priorities within delegated tasks and manage deadlines.
- An excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Canva and Trello
- 23 days paid holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays)?- entitlement will increase every year after 2 years of service.
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Discount Scheme (over 450 Brands)
- Discounted Private Healthcare
- Family vibe & regular social
If you feel you have the experience required, please apply today.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.