Experienced Seamstress - Curtain Maker
Full time, Monday - Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm or
Part time, up to 3 days per week 8.00am to 4.00pm
£9.50 - £10.50 per hour + benefits
Our trusted client is a well-established, family business soft furnishing retailer based in Styvechale, Coventry. They specialise in Made to Measure curtains, roman blinds, cushions and other ad-hoc soft furnishing, working with designer brand fabrics they produce quality products for their customers and pride themselves on customer satisfaction.
They have an exciting opportunity to join their enthusiastic team, this is a full-time or part time permanent position for an experienced Seamstress - Curtain Maker. They operate a large modern workroom where you will be working alongside experienced staff and reporting to two workroom supervisors. Their workroom has the benefit of being fully equipped with the latest equipment and is a light, bright and air-conditioned environment that allows for safe social distancing.
They are looking for someone who is meticulous to detail, confident, can work under pressure and to deadlines but most importantly takes pride in their work.
- 1+ year(s) experience in making Made to Measure Soft Furnishings
- 1+ years(s) experience using industrial sewing machines.
- Knowledge of overlockers & blind hemming machines would be an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Capability to manufacture different types of curtain headings and lining options.
- Competent in pattern matching and cutting fabrics.
- £9.50 - £10.50 DOE
- Permanent, Full-time (37.5 hours per week) or part time considered
- Monday - Friday, 8.00am to 4.00pm
- Holidays [28 days per year including bank holidays]
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Closed Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year
Full training will be provided however sewing knowledge and experience is essential for this role.
If you have the relevant experience for this fantastic opportunity, please apply with your CV today!
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.