Assistant Manager - Shrewsbury
Bar and Restaurant
£24,000 - £27,000 + incentive scheme + tips
40 hours per week contract
Our client has quickly put itself on the map as the premier cocktail bar and street food restaurant in Shrewsbury. They pride themselves on providing enthusiastic, passionate, friendly service to all guests which allows for everyone who frequents the venue to laugh, relax, enjoy themselves and leave with a big smile on their faces.
We are looking for someone ideally with previous experience, either in a manager or supervisor role, within a busy hospitality environment. Experience working with a busy cocktail bar would be advantageous, but not essential. What is essential is a good work ethic, a passion for great customer service, and enthusiasm to be part of a new and growing team of like minded individuals!
Duties for this role include;
(Full training will be given)
- Running the venue independently when the general manager is off duty.
- Ensuring all members of staff are providing fantastic service to all of our guests according to our defined set standards.
- Cashing up at the end of the night.
- Opening/closing the venue and holding keys to the premises.
- Predicting takings and setting budgets for staff and product spends.
- Placing orders and controlling stock levels.
- Writing rotas, according to predicted takings and in line with set budgets
- Working with the kitchen team, supporting them where necessary.
- Working with our social media team, promoting the venue and events that are regularly run from it.
- Ensuring all legal obligations concerning licensing, environmental health, health and safety and fire are met.
- Leading by example, inspiring staff to work to their full potential.
- Addressing any day-to-day issues that may arise and making reasonable efforts to prevent them.
- Supporting the General Manager who will have overall accountability for the above, as well as joining in in regular meeting with the directors of the company, providing you with an opportunity to have a meaningful say in how the venue is run and can continue to be bettered.
As a company we pride ourselves on investing all members of our team. You can expect tips to supplement your salary by £2500+ per annum. You will also have access to staff discounts at the venue, as well as several other of our venues in the town centre. You will receive your birthday off each year, and we endeavour at all times to provide the same two days off, back-to-back, each week.
We understand that the hospitality industry involves working unusual hours, and whilst this is part of the job, we pride ourselves on working with our employees so that best efforts can be made for them to pursue any other interests and passions they wish to maintain outside of the workplace.
We also pride ourselves on investing time into our employees, particularly our management teams o that they can learn and progress within the industry. It is a point of pride to us that we have had several managers who have progressed on to:
- Opening their own business's.
- Travelling the world working the peripherals of the hospitality industry.
- Winning a number of awards in competitions for both cocktails and food.
- Progressing further within this company into area and operations manager roles.
If you feel like you would be an ideal candidate for this position, we would genuinely like to hear from you. You can apply today with your CV by clicking on the apply button.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.