Garden Centre Assistant Manager
Salary circa £24,000 + Benefits
The role of an Assistant Manager is primarily to support and work with the Manager in the running of the garden centre. In the Managers absence then the Assistant Manager is expected to fulfil the role of a manager. Responsible for the productivity of the centre and management of the general day-to-day operations of the garden centre, assisting the Garden Centre Manager and business in general.
The Assistant Manager will establish excellent working relations with both junior and senior members of staff ensuring objectives are achieved and company policies upheld. You will be expected to effectively manage the centre staff and be solely responsible for this in the absence of the Centre Manager. This will range from skills and knowledge training to delegating tasks and workload as well as reporting and assisting with staff discipline issues which may arise. Ensure that a first rate and efficient communication line is maintained with the Manager with correct level of information given on garden centre operations, especially staff. As Assistant Manager you are expected to have both excellent product and customer service knowledge and the ability to utilise these skills effectively to maintain both a comfortable, professional and successful working environment.
What we need:
· A practical, hands-on approach to Garden Centre retailing.
· Natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate and support the development of the whole store team.
· The willingness to go the extra mile for customers.
· Excellent people skills
· A high degree of professionalism, especially when handling difficult situations.
· A proactive approach to solving problems, and the ability to deal with issues as they arise.
· Preferably, previous retail management experience.
· Experience of Visual Merchandising within a centre as well as the various departments being
· Gifts, Interiors and Christmas.
· Support the Garden Centre Assistant Store Managers and teams in all aspects of your stores day-to-day operations.
· Manage the daily running of your departments, enabling everyone to inspire, educate and equip customers.
· Be responsible for managing cash and other daily administrative tasks.
· Constantly find ways of improving your departments and motivating your staff to achieve agreed company objectives.
· To drive performance maximising commercial potential.
· To promote staff ownership & accountability to create a positive & enjoyable working environment.
· To ensure that your department operates within current Health & Safety legislation.
· To contribute to the success of the business as a whole.
· Ensure the store is clean, both on the shop floor and behind the scenes.
This is a full time role and will include weekend working so flexibility is a must.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.